The survey is still ongoing, but I have published the responses received so far on Github.
The survey has received 12 responses but only one charity has been nominated for a survey donation – Cancer Research UK. As the only entrant so far, and winner for that week, a donation was made to Cancer Research UK on 12th February.
Interesting stats from the resposes:
- 50% of respondents work in companies between 100 and 1000 people in size.
- 50% of respondents take an API change from design to production in 1 week or less.
- API discovery is an issue. Only 25% of respondents were confident they could easily find any of their company’s internal, private or public APIs.
- 35% of respondents get most of their API design feedback before implementation (which would suggest an API design first approach).
- 82% of respondents do both automated and manual API reviews.
Interesting stats, but I think the survey sample size is still too small. Hoping to get more responses. If you haven’t filled in the survey yet, please do. Remember, you can nominate your favourite charity for a donation by filling out the survey.